Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tomato Paste Concentrate

I got an amazing deal of a box of tomatoes - 10kgs so I was wondering what I could cook up......thought i'd try tomato paste.......here's the recipe:


1kg tomatoes 
15g sugar
1 Tbsp olive oil

Wash and cut tomatoes in halves, put in bowl and chop on Speed 9 for 15 seconds (go up slowly)
Add sugar and oil and cook for 40 minutes on Varoma on Speed 2
Scrape down sides and puree finer on Speed 5 for 5 seconds.

This didn't make a great deal of tomato paste I must say - I am shocked at how much it reduced to but I think it will taste great - tonight we'll find out, it's going on our pizza's and my husband is the pizza guru - so i'll let you all know what the outcome is.

1 comment:

  1. so what was the outcome. Now much did you make after 1kg of tomatoes. Did you add salt? How long does it keep?...

    ReplyDelete